Job opening: Semester Ticket Office
Job offering: Semester Ticket Office
What does the semester ticket office do? It processes applications for a subsidy for the semester ticket that students make if they cannot afford the ticket. We also exempt students from the semester ticket requirement if they are not in Berlin for study reasons, are ill or on vacation. The working method is similar to that of the BAFöG office. You work in the joint office with colleagues* of the AStA of the TU Berlin and the ASH.
Start of employment
As of 15 September 2019 one new employee
Area of Duty
- Personal and telephone advice to help students
- Case processing of grant and exemption applications, database and archive maintenance, cooperation with other university administrative departments and communication with transport companies
- work self-organized and responsibly in a team
- Communication with the AStA, semesterly reports to the StuPa
- Membership in the Commission for the Semester Ticket of the UdK (set up by the StuPa) and in the Semtix Council
- Negotiation with VBB
- high social competence and empathy, reliability, open and friendly interaction
- Good knowledge of Office programs
- Foreign language skills (German and English required; our applicants* also speak Arabic, Chinese, French, Polish, Russian, Turkish and other languages)
- Knowledge of the structures of the UdK Berlin and the AStAs
- You are still studying at least four semesters at a university or college
What we offer
- A working time of 36 hours per month with flexible time management in consultation with colleagues*.
- Employment analog TV Stud III with a gross hourly wage of currently 12.50 Euro
- The recruitment is limited to two years (with the option of renewal).
- The possibility to work self-organized and to develop the area of responsibility creatively.
We are particularly committed to the recruitment and promotion of women*.
Recognised severely disabled persons will be given preferential treatment if they are equally qualified. Please indicate your severe disability in your application. Applications from people with a migration background, LGQBTI* background and/or children who meet the recruitment requirements are expressly welcome. Please send your application with CV (max. 2 DIN A4 pages and WITHOUT photo) by 06.08.2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
English version is for reference only.
In the event of discrepancies between the English and German versions, the German version shall prevail.